Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tagaytay: Bag of Beans

My office mates were raving about this coffee shop in Tagaytay,so I decided to spend my rest days in Tagaytay for the sole purpose of visiting the Bag of Beans.

Address : 115 Aguinaldo Highway, Mendez Crossing West, Tagaytay City, Philippines

After checking in at my hotel and eating lunch, I took a jeepney (going to Nasugbu) from the Rotunda for 10.00Php. The ride going to Bag of Beans was approximately 15-20 minutes.

It was raining but there was still a good number of people at the Bag of Beans, mostly arriving in private vehicles. I first entered the pastry shop, where I saw the view of the garden. I was directed to the stairs beside the shop leading to the area. The garden tables were out of the question because of the rain, there were also gazebos available, but for a fee, so I ended up on the area under the pastry shop.

The rain, the light, the sounds, and the homey decorations made the place really calming. No wonder it's a hit for those who are looking to unwind and relax.
 Gazebos for a fee...

Dining Area...





 The garden...


I ordered their Hot Chocolate after making sure that it's made of tablea, and their caramel macchiato.


Hot Chocolate 110.00Php
The hot chocolate was too rich and sweet for my taste, it was missing the slightly bitter taste that I love in chocolate tablea drinks.

Caramel Macchiato 105.00Php
The coffee has a bold rich taste. The caramel was all at the bottom of the cup, so you can leave it as is if you want it just a bit sweet or stir if you want it sweeter.

They have a souvenir shop. They sell Bag of Beans mugs for 150Php++, I also brought a small bag of their cream cheese cookies for 150Php at their pastry shop, tasty but I find it a bit pricey considering the bag size.





Organic skin care products are also available. I brought the Z.E.N. Tropical Massage Oil (245.00Php 100ml). The scent was really good, it was made from cosmetic grade sunflower oil, virgin coconut oil, white vanilla oil, peppermint oil and green tea oil. I'm happy with my oil purchase more than my coffee drink. But to give Bag of Beans some credit, I am yet to try their other drinks.



Going back to my hotel, there were no jeepneys passing by the area. I walked a bit towards Jollibee (Crossing) where I was able to catch a jeep back to Olivares.

I would probably go back to try their other drinks, but unless I have a private vehicle, I would probably do on their branch near the Rotunda.
Bag of Beans branch at the Rotunda


3 comments: